Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist
What we are looking for
- An inquisitive individual with the ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach others.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a highly numerate subject, for example machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, physics or applied mathematics.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods and ideally some experience with optimisation and machine learning methods.
- Expertise in programming languages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Business acumen. An ability to understand customer requirements, how our solutions will work in situ and how they will be successfully embedded to deliver value.
- A natural collaborator, who will partner with our customers and reach out to the data science community to share insights and knowledge.
- Self-starter with strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills — ability to present complex information in a concise and compelling manner.
- You’re the sort of person who’ll enjoy the challenge of being involved in the growth of an early stage tech start-up.
- Apply quantitative techniques to cleanse and explore large (and small), complex data sets in preparation for further analysis.
- Apply your knowledge to find practical solutions to our customer’s diverse challenges.
- Meet with customers to work out use cases and key requirements.
- Stay current with new data science methods, technologies, and industry trends.
- Work with the team to develop and implement data science processes and best practices.
Who we are
We are a small but growing company, and we are working to establish ourselves as a leader in data science. We have a diverse customer base that means our team get to work on a variety of interesting and complex data projects. We deliver great products and we tell people about it – our customers, our community and the public.
We care about our people and promote working arrangements that allow flexibility and work life balance. Our customers are our partners, we listen to them, again and again. We work with them in an agile way to facilitate collaboration, continuous feedback and learning.
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Private health insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days annual leave
- £5000 annual training budget
- ½ day each week for side projects, learning and experimentation
How to apply
Send a CV and a short paragraph on why you’re interested in this role (please no more than 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13.