Senior Data Scientist
Perth, Australia or London, UK (Full or Part time)
Data Mettle is recruiting a Senior Data Scientist. You’ll be joining our small but highly experienced Data Science team. You’ll get to work on a variety of exciting and stimulating projects with clients ranging from startups to large corporates and government.
About Data Mettle
We are a growing data science consultancy, and are working to establish ourselves as a leader in this area. We have a diverse client base so our team get to work on a variety of interesting and complex data projects. Our clients are our partners; we listen to them, again and again. We work with them in an agile way to facilitate collaboration, continuous feedback and learning. We’ve recently expanded into Australia. We are excited to be building both of our London and Perth teams, and have some new data scientists join our journey.
What we are looking for
- Master’s or PhD degree in a highly numerate subject, for example machine learning, statistics, bioinformatics, physics or applied mathematics.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods ideally including experience with optimisation and machine learning methods.
- Expertise in programming languages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Experience with cloud computing and infrastructure (we work flexibly with Google cloud services, AWS and Azure) and SQL.
- An ability to understand customer requirements, how our solutions will work in situ and how they will be successfully embedded to deliver value.
- A natural collaborator, who will partner with our clients and be confident sharing their knowledge in client meetings, workshops and to the wider community.
- An inquisitive self-starter, with strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills and the ability to constantly learn and teach others.
- We’re hoping to find someone with strong personal accountability for results, who enjoys working with different clients, often on their sites and is comfortable operating in a startup environment.
Responsibilities will include
- Work with clients to solve diverse business challenges across a wide variety of areas. Providing technical leadership and managing relationships with clients and their teams.
- Apply quantitative techniques to cleanse and explore large (and small), complex data sets in preparation for further analysis.
- Assure high quality implementation of solutions, as well as providing training and knowledge transfer to client teams.
- Stay current with new data science methods, technologies, and industry trends.
- Work with the team to develop and implement data science processes and best practices.
Why You Should Apply
- Competitive salary and annual leave entitlements
- Flexible working arrangements
- Annual training budget and other benefits
- Working with a wonderful team of like-minded data scientists
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunities employer, we recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.